top of page

What is the process for Nevada State Board of Pharmacy Controlled Substance Registrations?

Nevada is one of several states that require prescribing practitioners (physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners) to obtain a state issued controlled substance registration in addition to a DEA registration prior to prescribing controlled substances in the state.


The application is filed with the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy.  While the application is very brief, practitioners who are required to answer affirmatively to any of the background questions on the application regarding prior criminal or administrative actions, may be required to make a personal appearance before the Board at a regularly scheduled meeting prior to considering whether to grant the registration.  Practitioners should also be aware that any supporting documentation submitted with an application are considered public documents under current law.  Practitioners should seek legal counsel should they have any questions prior to submitting a controlled substance registration application.

bottom of page